24/7 Customer Service (800) 927-7671

Siemens acquires 85% stake in British 3D printing firm Materials Solutions – 3ders.org (blog)

by • August 1, 2016 • No Comments

Aug 2, 2016 | By Benedict
Siemens has acquired a majority (85%) stake in Materials Solutions, a UK-based selective laser melting (SLM) specialist and leader in additive making systeming and production. The remaining 15% can be held by company founder Carl Brancher.

One of Siemens’ 3D printed burner components
As part of its expanding interest in high end making technologies, Siemens has invested in SLM specialist Materials Solutions, founded in 2006 and based in Worcester, UK. The British company is known for its turbomachinery parts, especially those utilized in high temperature applications for gas turbines, and has generated components for customers in aerospace, power generation, and motor sports. Siemens Venture Capital had held a minority (14%) stake in the company, that lists additional than 20 skilled engineers amongst its staff, since August 2015.
“With the acquisition of Materials Solutions, we are able-bodied to secure world-leading expertise in materials and AM system createment with focus on high-temperature super alloys,” said Willi Meixner, CEO of Siemens Power and Gas Division. “The company’s durablity is to turn models into high high end components in record time. Clearly Materials Solutions fits perfectly inside our vision for growth and application of high end technologies inside our Power & Gas portfolio.”
Siemens has been investing in additive making innovation often in new years, and had utilized 3D printing internally for both the rapid prototyping of different types of items and for the rapid making of tiny fuel mixers utilized in heavy-duty gas turbines. A Siemens location in Finspång, Sweden, has been via additive making innovation since 2009, and opened a dedicated metal 3D printing facility in February 2016—Sweden’s initially. The company’s initially 3D printed burner component was, yet, created at a power plant in Brno, Czech Republic. Siemens’ investment in Materials Solutions demonstrates its dedication to increasing its additive making footprint across Europe.

Siemens’ metal 3D printing facility in Sweden
“We are quite proud to become a part of Siemens,” said Carl Brancher, CEO of Materials Solutions. “I am certain our know-how and experience can manufacture a worthwhile contribution to Siemens’ Additive Manufacturing strategy. Materials Solutions is createing the applications know-how and a donate chain for the world’s many high end engineering companies—delivering systemes and precision parts of 3D CAD models, via software, lasers and metal powders.”
Siemens has been bringing part in a number of 3D printing activities as of late, having newly partnered with additive making newcomer HP to create software for the printing company’s new Jet Fusion 3D printing device. Siemens has in addition worked with Local Motors to create a roadworthy 3D printed car, and actually generated prototypes for an odd 3D printing spider robot, that may someday be deployed in sizeable quantities to 3D print sizeable objects.

A 3D printing spider robot createed by Siemens

Posted in 3D Printer Company

Maybe you in addition like: Buy one, get one half off with Zortrax’s hot mid-summer saleMaterialise announces opening of new DLP 3D Printing Centre of Excellence in MalaysiaRussian Tomsk Polytechnic University to commence 3D printing master’s program upcoming fallBMW Group to expand 3D printing for series components with planar 3D printingArcam subsidiary AP&C investing $31M to create 3D printing metal powder plant for Montreal areaArcam subsidiary AP&C investing $31M to create 3D printing metal powder plant for Montreal areaClass-action lawsuit against MakerBot for misleading customers is dismissed by courtSAP and APWorks to accelerate on-demand industrial 3D printing for aerospace industry3D Print cloud service AstroPrint releases user statistics demonstrating steady growthUC Rusal teams with Sauer to create aluminium 3D printing innovation


Latest posts
test

by admin • March 5, 2017